I’ve inhabited this floating rock for 35 years now. More or less successful. I’ve had the highs I’ve had the lows.
Year 35 has been a wild ride. From my professional life to my personal life and everything in between. I’ve gotten lost more than a couple of times during this 35th rotation but I think I’ve always found my way.
But thinking about my first 35 and looking to the next, I want to be a better human and to be true to who I am. So for this year I am setting 36 Goals for myself as I enter the 36th Rotation around this sun. That’s a lot of goals, but if you know me I’m ambitious and like to set challenges for myself LOL.
So here we go, in no particular order:
36) Study and take the GRE
35) Apply to a PhD or EdD program related to Higher Education
34) Finish one of my manuscripts and submit for publishing
33) Build my savings account to 5 digits
32) Volunteer with 1 LGBTQ organization
31) Volunteer with 1 political campaign
30) Blog at least once a month
29) Expand Facebook Live with Brian
28) Visit a Kappa Sigma chapter once a month
27) Pay off 3 credit cards
26) Call friends more often
25) Visit friends and family more often
24) Play my violin weekly
23) Purchase another guitar and play more frequently
22) Start doing yoga
21) Take Michael on a Mini-Moon again this year
20) Submit 5 or more proposals to professional conferences
19) Improve weekly meal prep
18) Run in the 2020 Crim
17) Read at least one book a month
16) Get my first tattoo
15) Schedule some counseling sessions
14) Talk to my parents
13) Start running
12) Purchase a good camera and begin photographing again
11) Pick up writing music again
10) Invest and support friends’ start up businesses
9) Learn to control my temper better
8) Lunch or coffee once a week with a friend
7) Launch a graphics design side-hustle
6) Learn Korean
5) Plan/go on a road trip
4) Get a promotion or a new position at work
3) Improve my chef skills
2) Start a journal to help with reflecting
1) Learn to be confident in who I am and who I am not and be the best version of me embracing all of me.
So I’ve got my work cut out for me but this 36th rotation will be fabulous!
Until next time
Peace, Love and Pandas!
One thought on “36 Goals”