Well I have another trip around the sun under my belt today 🙂 Number 33 to be exact. Granted i had to have Courtney and HJohn remind me how old they were to help me remember how old I was, but meh. lol.
It’s been one heck of a year. Lots has happened from getting engaged, to having some great professional development opportunities, to being able to work with some amazing students! So I thought I’d list 33 things I’m grateful for as I enter my next trip around the sun.
So here we go!
33. Hamilton Mixtape. Recently discovered at the suggestion of our Summer GA, LaSabra, and it just speaks to me on so many levels. So if you haven’t listened to it, GET IT!
32. Opportunities in my professional field through ACPA, ACUI and others.
31. Having a blog and avenue to write
30. Social media…because it has taught me so much about the world and myself.
29. Chinese take out from Charlie Kangs! Its the life saver that keeps giving 🙂
28. Disney. Cause it’s just so darn magical.
27. My Apple products. I don’t know how I survived without them before.
26. My family. Because they challenge me to be a better person.
25. Pizza from anywhere. I love me some za.
24. Werther’s Originals…if you’ve never had them they are amazing!! (As I am enjoying one now LOL)
23. The gifts and talents I have been blessed with. I couldn’t imagine my life with writing, composing, and music.
22. CNN, Food Network and HGTV. My best friends when I’m home alone! LOL
21. FinalCutPro. Because it really helps me get my creative juice flowing.
20. Delta SkyMiles, while this is pretty basic, it’s amazing cause it allows me to travel not only professionally but personally.
19. Dear Even Hansen soundtrack. This soundtrack is phenomenal and soooo good!!! If you don’t have it, you should get it!!
18. Google Docs is my life and allows me to do everything professional and personally. (And let me tell you, without it I’d be a hot mess lol)
17. Goldfish Crackers. Cause what else is better in the world than Goldfish Crackers? 🙂
16. My Honeywell QuietSet fan in my office. Because of the fluctuating temperature in our office area this is a saving grace.
15. My photo collection. I love my collection of photos of my students that sit on my desk. It reminds me of why I do what I do.
14. Colleagues, friends, and mentors in Student Affairs. Cause I’d be worthless without them.
13. Michael’s family. They are so supportive and HI-larious.
12. Coffee…so much coffee….Coffee…COFFEE!!! Biggby and Starbucks are some of my best friends LOL
11. Coraline, our cat. She’s a prima dona but we love her. 🙂
10. Ice cream. It’s always there. 🙂
9. My ability to communicate like a grown up (yes a jab at Trump)
8. My vigor for equality especially with those identities I hold.
7. My headphones. Let’s be honest, most of you know I live with my headphones attached to me. I always have to have my music.
6. Pandas…Because they are AWESOME!
5. The Kappa Sigma Brothers of the Michigan District. I put these guys through the ringers but they are great men I have the privilege of working with and developing.
4. The UAB Directors, Front Desk Staff, Graduate Students and Professional Staff I get to work with; they are truly some of the best peoples ever! (And they totally get my quirkiness lol)
3. The family we’ve created here in Lansing; Matt, Jaime, Sharon, the Davids.
2. The people standing by my side for my wedding; Tiffany, HJohn, Benson, Courtney, Rainey, The Pink Princess Candace, Wife #1 Forsmark, Wifey Shawntae and my Godson Timmy.
1. My fiance, Michael because I love him 🙂
So that’s my list!
Until next time
Peace, Love and Pandas!